From the podcasting rhetorics of Joe Rogan to a Holocaust survivor's story, I was incredibly fortunate to have been able to share some time with some incredible guests in this first season of The Neutral Ground Podcast. We talked about the Enlightenment, Romanticism, Modernism, Postmodernism, and Neomodernism, psychedelics, sacred space, the Sublime, mental health, obsessive-compulsive disorder, comic books, heroism, meeting Norm Macdonald, helping veterans deal with PTSD and finding their way back home, a lot of philosophy, the Eternal Soldier program, JRR Tolkien, Rock Camp, and so much more. It was an amazing experience. I have some great guests and fascinating discussions ready to go for the next season, so if you have not yet hit the subscribe button, do so.
00:40 Roll call
01:04 A couple of bugs in the system
01:51 Some highlights
02:53 Introduction to the clips
04:33 Podcasting rhetorics of Joe Rogan and Bill Burr with Matt Jacobson Episode #9
10:13 The importance of narrative in mental health with Laurie Singer Episode #11
16:29 The eternal question of purpose with Nick Gibson Episode #12
18:59 Norm Macdonald, not a comedian's comedian with Scott Hiam Episode #13
24:05 Making sense of leaving Afghanistan with Amanda Huffman Episode #15
27:48 Leaving the comforts of Plato's cave with Ben Killoy Episode #16
31:29 How nostalgia functions in our lives with Dr. Tim Overton Episode #17
33:07 Let them see you hustle with DC Glenn from Tag Team Episode #18
35:33 Imposing order on chaos with Matthew Munroe Episode #19
39:41 The butterfly effect with Pj Wehry Episode #20
42:09 Understanding shame in the Jrr Tolkien world with Dr. Max Brown and Dr. Sheila Murnaghan Episode #21
47:39 Deep fakes and individual data problems with Michael Fienen Episode #22
52:44 Entitled athletes or entitled agents with David Fishof Episode #23
55:04 How did you escape a Holocaust death? with Dr. Alex Hershaft Episode #24
59:48 A special message about divisiveness, politics, and where we need to be
Main website: https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
RSS Feed: https://anchor.fm/s/644ea0e8/podcast/rss
SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
KEY EPISODES FOR UNDERSTANDING MY SHOW:
1) Postmodernism and a Joke Gone Too Far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjKBcbAW3I
2) Neomodernism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVHMm2A-fcA
3) Podcasting Rhetorics and Joe Rogan | My Conversation with Matthew Jacobson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsOMhCZORts
4) Fighting the War Not Seen | My Conversation with Tim Overton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjGit4H_Q8
5) Hit Song, Hit Commercial, and Still More to Do | My Conversation with Musician/Actor DC Glenn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DyFYIfEFR4
Would you like to do your part to help bring civility back to our conversations? We need to get The Neutral Ground message in front of more people, and you can help with just a few keystrokes and some clicks of a mouse.
1) Start by hitting the subscribe button and turning on notifications.
2) Then, hit the like button.
3) Leave a thoughtful/uplifting comment for others to engage with.
4) Watch another video on the channel.
5) Share the channel or a video with someone else on your social media accounts
6) Head over to my website at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
Once on the website, you can actually go to the contact section and leave an audio comment for me to use on the podcast.
7) You can also subscribe to the podcast on any one of the following platforms as well: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Joemeyer.substack.com
I realize that you do not have to do any of this. Therefore, even f you do just one of those items listed, I am genuinely grateful. Try to keep one foot firmly planted on the Neutral Ground, and have a great day.
We'd love to hear from you! Please, complete the form below to get in touch.