In this episode of The Neutral Ground Podcast, we're joined by Michael Fienen, a truly unique individual with a lot of experience developing tools for the internet. In Michael's 25 years in web development, he's seen how companies like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have evolved over the years--and how they came to be what they are. We spend a good amount of time talking about the myriad problems with social media feeding negativity to people. We also talk about we undervalue our personal data, giving it away to places without much consideration to what it's worth. Finally, we talk quite a bit about why it's so important that we make a move toward building a more thoughtful, accessible internet. The more people that we can involve in complex problems that are facing the world, the better our chances are of defeating them. That's going to require some changes, but the good news is that we already have many of the tools that we need to do just that.
For more information about Michael's work, check out the following links:
Podcast site: https://drunkenux.com
Episode on Accessibility: https://drunkenux.com/?s=accessibility
Everywhere else: https://linktr.ee/drunkenux
Main website: https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
RSS Feed: https://anchor.fm/s/644ea0e8/podcast/rss
SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
Key episodes for understanding the show:
1) Postmodernism and a Joke Gone Too Far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjKBcbAW3I
2) Neomodernism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVHMm2A-fcA
3) Podcasting Rhetorics and Joe Rogan | My Conversation with Matthew Jacobson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsOMhCZORts
4) Fighting the War Not Seen | My Conversation with Tim Overton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjGit4H_Q8
5) Hit Song, Hit Commercial, and Still More to Do | My Conversation with Musician/Actor DC Glenn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DyFYIfEFR4
Would you like to do your part to help bring civility back to our conversations? We need to get The Neutral Ground message in front of more people, and you can help with just a few keystrokes and some clicks of a mouse.
1) Start by hitting the subscribe button and turning on notifications.
2) Then, hit the like button.
3) Leave a thoughtful/uplifting comment for others to engage with.
4) Watch another video on the channel.
5) Share the channel or a video with someone else on your social media accounts
6) Head over to my website at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
Once on the website, you can actually go to the contact section and leave an audio comment for me to use on the podcast.
7) You can also subscribe to the podcast on any one of the following platforms as well: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Joemeyer.substack.com
I realize that you do not have to do any of this. Therefore, even f you do just one of those items listed, I am genuinely grateful. Try to keep one foot firmly planted on the Neutral Ground, and have a great day.
#deepfake #michaelfienen #neutralgroundpodcast
We'd love to hear from you! Please, complete the form below to get in touch.