Rest in peace, Mr. Haber. Thank you for coming on the show and making the world a little saner.
In this first episode of season 2, we take on a heavy topic: critical thinking. We talk about the Joe Rogan vs CNN rhetorical battle--and why we all lose with this kind of rhetoric; Jonathan discusses modern-day journalism a little bit; we model a bit of Aristotelian logic; I expose my own recent failures in the classroom; we talk about how we can better teach critical thinking in higher education, and how to better gauge whether or not something makes sense logically; and much more.
WORKS BY JONATHAN HABER (Affiliate link)
01:54 How did your parents help you think critically?
04:26 To define critical thinking or not to define critical thinking
09:13 The separation of science and philosophy. Is it a good thing?
12:40 I expose my own recent failure in the classroom.
21:05 Let's try to model critical thinking in the moment
38:45 Joe Rogan vs CNN a battle of rhetorics
53:27 My students are awesome. Just heaping some praise on them.
1:05:44 Closing thoughts
Main website: https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
RSS Feed: https://anchor.fm/s/644ea0e8/podcast/rss
SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
KEY EPISODES FOR UNDERSTANDING MY SHOW:
1) Postmodernism and a Joke Gone Too Far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjKBcbAW3I
2) Neomodernism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVHMm2A-fcA
3) Podcasting Rhetorics and Joe Rogan | My Conversation with Matthew Jacobson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsOMhCZORts
4) Fighting the War Not Seen | My Conversation with Tim Overton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjGit4H_Q8
5) Hit Song, Hit Commercial, and Still More to Do | My Conversation with Musician/Actor DC Glenn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DyFYIfEFR4
Would you like to do your part to help bring civility back to our conversations? We need to get The Neutral Ground message in front of more people, and you can help with just a few keystrokes and some clicks of a mouse.
1) Start by hitting the subscribe button and turning on notifications.
2) Then, hit the like button.
3) Leave a thoughtful/uplifting comment for others to engage with.
4) Watch another video on the channel.
5) Share the channel or a video with someone else on your social media accounts
6) Head over to my website at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
Once on the website, you can actually go to the contact section and leave an audio comment for me to use on the podcast.
7) You can also subscribe to the podcast on any one of the following platforms as well: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Joemeyer.substack.com
I realize that you do not have to do any of this. Therefore, even f you do just one of those items listed, I am genuinely grateful. Try to keep one foot firmly planted on the Neutral Ground, and have a great day.
#jre #cnn #neutralgroundpodcast #covid19 #criticalthinking #jonathanhaber #dialogue #podcast
We'd love to hear from you! Please, complete the form below to get in touch.