2022 Great Literature in Conversation: Dracula, Ahab, Satan, Tolkien, Ulysses, and Dickens
It has been quite a year for us at The Neutral Ground Podcast. In this first part of our year in review, I talk about the growth of our community, my goals for the next year, and I introduce the first of two themes that I want to end the year on: Literature in Conversation. My literature episodes have produced quite a bit of interest in the second season, and so I wanted to highlight some of the interesting conversations and thoughts that came through in our second season. We talk about Bram Stoker's Dracula, Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, John Milton's Paradise lost, and Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I'll be back with new episodes on January 10th. However, if you have not had the opportunity to check out the full episodes, you can use the links I've provided below. Also, make sure you are subscribed to the podcast. We're building a special community here, and we can always use more people. Thank you for a wonderful year. I could not have done any of this without you.
// EPISODE LINKS //
1. Salvation for the monstrous and the horror of being | Dr. Jon Greenaway #33: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlHFk...
2. Paradise Lost Book 4 Satan's Soliloquy Analysis | Dr. Joe Meyer #30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfYT4...
3. Tolkien, Psychoanalysis, and the Importance of Enchantment Today | Dr. John Rosegrant #47: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a90ed...
4. Moby-Dick's Captain Ahab, and a Warning We Need for Today| Dr. Joe Meyer #34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a60nY...
5. Why James Joyce's Ulysses Matters 100 Years Later | Dr. Sam Slote #43: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixXPo...
6.Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol - Why You Should Read the Actual Text | Dr. Joe Meyer #59: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3IIo...
// EPISODE OUTLINE //
03:19 Bram Stoker's Dracula
08:51 Milton's Satan from Paradise Lost
15:40 Tolkien's Lord of the Rings
27:00 Chapter 135 of Moby-Dick
30:28 James Joyce Ulysses
43:45 Jacob Marley and Dickens' A Christmas Carol
// WEBSITE //
Head over to the website to learn more about me and to contact me. https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
// EPISODE SUGGESTIONS //
1. Why we crave narrative? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVqv1...
2. What we don't hear about incel culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYdp...
3. Why not violence? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohhht...
4. The need for the heroic narrative - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCLH...
5. Why are we fascinated with psychopaths? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQgL1...
Would you like to do your part to help bring civility back to our conversations? We need to get The Neutral Ground message in front of more people, and you can help with just a few keystrokes and some clicks of a mouse.
1) Start by hitting the subscribe button and turning on notifications.
2) Then, hit the like button.
3) Leave a thoughtful/uplifting comment for others to engage with.
4) Watch another video on the channel.
5) Share the channel or a video with someone else on your social media accounts
6) Head over to my website at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
Once on the website, you can actually go to the contact section and leave an audio comment for me to use on the podcast.
7) You can also subscribe to the podcast on any one of the following platforms as well: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Joemeyer.substack.com
I realize that you do not have to do any of this. Therefore, even f you do just one of those items listed, I am genuinely grateful. Try to keep one foot firmly planted on the Neutral Ground, and have a great day.
#literature #ahab #milton #dracula #greatbooks #joyce #jamesjoyce #charlesdickens
We'd love to hear from you! Please, complete the form below to get in touch.