By now, just about everyone has heard of the infamous slap by Will Smith on Chris Rock. What the heck happened? How did we get here? I think I have one way to approach the conversation. It has to do with our growing conscious awareness of Neomodernism. I talk about how stand up comedy might need to change a bit, how Will Smith is trying to assert some control on his own narrative, and Ricky Gervais' hosting of the Golden Globes in 2020. That should have been the moment these events realized that stand up comedians are probably not the best hosts right now.
Main website: https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/
SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
- Subscribe/follow the podcast.
- Leave a rating/comment wherever applicable.
- Visit the main website for The Neutral Ground Podcast at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/ and send me an email or leave an audio message for me with some thoughts or questions about one of our topics.
- Buy me a cup of Ko-Fi at https://ko-fi.com/theneutralgroundpodcast.
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/theneutralgroundpodcast
- Any one of the above items is equally important to me. I am genuinely humbled and moved by the feedback I'm receiving, and the support that I'm getting from all of you. Thank you