In this episode of The Neutral Ground Podcast, I am incredibly excited to sit down with musician and actor DC "The Brain Supreme" Glenn. DC is one part of the musical group Tag Team. In 1993, they exploded onto the music scene with "Whoomp, There it is." To this day, it is physically impossible to sit still when that song is playing. Although I remember rocking that song back in 1993, the song later became a hit again when it was featured in the movie Elf with Will Ferrell. But, music is just one of the skills that DC shares with the world. In 2020, in the middle of a pandemic that was eroding our sense of connection with each other, Geico came out with a commercial featuring a lovely mother figure making dinner, when Tag Team appears in the kitchen to sing a song about ice cream. (Are you singing the song in your head as I type this? Me too.) This commercial would go on to become one of Geico's most popular commercials--and arguably the best commercial of the year. It was positive, high energy, and just made you feel like smiling again. At the end of the commercial, DC yells, "sprinkles!" and the rest is history. Although DC is an amazing entertainer, we talk a lot about life in this episode. How do we stay motivated? How do we impose order on chaos? If you're looking for a fun conversation with some motivation and laughter, this is the one for you.
Would you like to support the efforts to bring civility back to meaningful discourse? Well, you can, and with little more than a click of a button.
- Subscribe/follow the podcast on whichever platform you're currently using to listen to The Neutral Ground Podcast.
- Leave a rating and a comment wherever applicable. This will really help get the message out to more people. Let a friend know about the podcast by emailing them or posting an episode to your social media accounts.
- Visit the main website for The Neutral Ground Podcast at https://theneutralgroundpodcast.com/ and send me an email or leave an audio message for me with some thoughts or questions about one of our topics. I might end up using it on the podcast for all of us to grapple with together.
- Buy me a cup of coffee...err...I mean Ko-Fi at https://ko-fi.com/theneutralgroundpodcast. Donations are always appreciated and are useful to help fray the costs of maintaining The Neutral Ground Podcast.
- Finally, and most importantly, just be kind and patient with others in conversation. Try to model for those around you the difference between conversation and debate. Debate and dialogue are not the same things. We need more dialogue in our everyday speech, and we need to limit debate to where it is most needed and useful.
Any one of the above items is equally important to me. I am genuinely humbled and moved by the feedback I'm receiving, and the support that I'm getting from all of you. Thank you--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/joseph-meyer/message